Tuesday 14 January 2014

Not far off 2 weeks till we set off!!

Hello world! This is our Team Malawi blogging page! Hurrah! Through this blog, we will keep in touch with all you lovely people and keep you posted on what infact it is we are doing!

It's all very surreal now: it's not far off 2 weeks till the 6 of us leave for Malawi, over 12000km away from home! It's strange to think that we'll be entering such an alien environment that has a completely different take on food, culture, weather, language, and that's to name a few. But, despite being extremely scared (I won't deny it), I can't help but (quite often) brake out into a very embarrassingly awful dance because I'M SO EXCITED! 

I think I speak on behalf of everyone in the team when I say that fundraising has gone extremely well. So much better than any of us imagined. We've all been so blessed by people's kindness, support, and most of all, by God's provision. To me, the thought of raising £3,500 was a jaw dropping "that's not gonna happen" task, but, alas, it's been done! I still question myself .. where has all this money come from?? I'm constantly reminded of these awesome verses in Matthew 7:
Ask, and God will give to you. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will open for you. Yes, everyone who asks will receive. Everyone who searches will find. And everyone who knocks will have the door opened." v7-8

In our next team blog, I will introduce every member of the team so that you're familiar with everyone, what they're like and which roles they'll be taking whilst we're away. Hopefully, you'll enjoy reading these blogs: I'm only a novice and hardly the wittiest of people, but I will endeavor to keep you interested and keen to know more about our whereabouts, whatabouts and doabouts.

Till next time!

Nia & team :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment